Taapsee Pannu’s rise to fame in the past few years has, naturally, been because of her talent and great choice of films but it has also definitely been buoyed by her internet notoriety. While celebs from Bollywood are trolled irrespective of what they do, Taapsee faces a lot more of it because she’s not one to silence her views. The actress has spoken out multiple times about heinous acts and has been targeted by political trolls on Twitter for the same. Then, of course, there is that infamous fight with Kangana Ranaut which is ongoing.
On her birthday, we list down 7 times that this Haseen Dillruba gave it back to the trolls.
1. On facing heat from critics for Haseen Dillruba and taking offence to some personal remarks being made, Taapsee refused to let it go.
When your “job” is to be a skewed lens troll in the garb of a responsible influencer then it’s probably time you check the solidarity of your moral ground.
Your conduct decides your relevance more than the side you take.
P.S- Also remember Newton’s Third Law. #ShubhRatri
— taapsee pannu (@taapsee) July 18, 2021
2. Taapsee also spoke out about certain people who will never be happy with Bollywood movies because of their colonial hangover.
एक flawed अंग्रेज़ी film को हमेशा एक flawed Hindi film से बेहतर बताने के लिए तापसी भड़की। क्यूँ हमेशा एक अंग्रेज़ी फ़िल्म के review की भाषा , एक हिंदी फ़िल्म की review की भाषा से ज़्यादा तमीज़दार होती है ? https://t.co/Fw2psvADTJ
— taapsee pannu (@taapsee) July 5, 2021
3. When a male writer questioned Kanika Dhillon’s credentials, Taapsee called his sexism out.
A progressive call to credit a writer turned into a sexist rant by the age old misogyny of crediting a woman’s success to the house she marries in or the man she married. Your righteous call for equal credit can’t be overtaken by the bitterness in u. https://t.co/B7FrdSRakL
— taapsee pannu (@taapsee) June 14, 2021
4. Taapsee has often been attacked for questioning the government’s mismanagement of the COVID-19 situation but she made her thoughts known in this tweet.
So much for ppl we stood and clapped in our balconies for almost an year back.
So much for people the sky was turned colourful for an year back.
Any king is powerless without its warriors #CoronaWarriors
— taapsee pannu (@taapsee) May 25, 2021
5. Even when the country was struggling to breathe during the second wave of COVID-19, some trolls kept crowding her timeline with their nonsense. This is, perhaps, the first time that Taapsee has lashed out in this way and rightly so.
Can you please shut up! Like just STFU ! If this is all u wanna say in these times then hold on until this country gets back to breathing normally and then get back to your shit ways until then DONT CROWD MY TIMELINE WITH YOUR NONSENSE and let me do what I am doing! https://t.co/is6bUOG6mA
— taapsee pannu (@taapsee) April 26, 2021
6. Taapsee put all the “sasti” tweets in their place with this one Twitter thread following the raid at her residence in March today.
3 days of intense search of 3 things primarily
1. The keys of the “alleged” bungalow that I apparently own in Paris. Because summer holidays are around the corner
— taapsee pannu (@taapsee) March 6, 2021
7. With ‘controversies’ being created over tweets, religion and shows for no reason at all, Taapsee has had enough of it. This tweet of hers went viral with 91,OOO retweets and over 287,000 likes.
If one tweet rattles your unity, one joke rattles your faith or one show rattles your religious belief then it’s you who has to work on strengthening your value system not become ‘propaganda teacher’ for others.
— taapsee pannu (@taapsee) February 4, 2021
[Image Credit: ANI]