Your favourite celebs in their go-to outerwear.
Yet another menswear essential, the Bomber jacket too has its origins in the US military. These were originally worn by World War I fighter pilots, who operated bomber aircrafts to execute strategic raids—and that’s how this piece of garment gets its moniker! It has long shed its war-time image and today has become one of the most popular outerwear pieces in men’s fashion! What makes it such a big hit? A super flattering silhouette—which is slightly cinched at the waist and broader around the shoulders! Besides, its cropped hems, knitted cuffs and front zipper is very practical and versatile. You can wear it throughout the year, as it’s not heavy as a coat and can be used to dress up even a basic tee! Take style inspo from these actors on how to wear a bomber jacket…
1. Television actor Aly Goni looks smart in a faux leather bomber and crew-neck T-shirt.
2. Cricketer Virat Kohli opts for the sporty version in this athleisure look.
3. Actor and Man’s Life’s presenter Rohan Khurrana aces this look in a suede bomber.
4. Varun Dhawan keeps things classy in an olive green bomber, T-shirt and blue denims.
5. Rajkumar Rao is turning out to be quite the style chameleon. This printed bomber, crew-neck tee, cropped trousers, and canvas sneakers combo—wins him praise much like his onscreen outings.
6. With logo patches and a sporty design, this designer jacket is unconventional—but adds a streetwear edge to the traditional silhouette! The baggy denims and boots only take this look to another level like only Ranveer Singh can!
7. We’ve saved the best for the last. Ayushmann Khurrana in this Gaurav Gupta gold-gilded bomber, gives this timeless garment a metallic twist—which gives ‘smart casuals’ a new meaning altogether.